Responsibilities Board of Directors
Duties and Responsibilities of Board of Directors
Board of Direcotrs is the company’s instrument with authority and full responsibility on the management of the company for its interest in accordance with the purpose and objective and is representing the company, both in and outside of court pursuant to the provisions of Articles of Association.
In performing their duties, Board of Directors own guide and work order periodically reviewed and lastly amended with Board of Directors’ Decree No. 56/2016/SK dated August 1, 2016.
Implementation of Board of Directors duties and responsibilities, among other:
- Lead and manage Bank BKE according to vision and mission of Bank BKE.
- Manage the Bank according to its authority and responsibility stipulated in the Articles of Association and prevailing legislations.
- Implement the GCG principles in all business activities of the Bank on all rank or level of organization.
- Follow up the audit nding and recommendation of Audit Divison, external auditor, and monitoring result of the Financial Service Authority and/or other monitoring authorities.
- Provide complete, accurate, current, and timely data and information to the Board of Commissioners.
- Disclose strategic policies in employement eld to the employees through media easily accessed by the employee.
- Communicating with employees concerning the business direction of Bank BKE in order to achieve its vision and mission.
- Accountable for its duties performance to the shareholders through GMS.
Duties and Responsibilities of Board of Commissioners
The implementation of Board of Commissioners’ duties and responsibilities is described below:
- Ensuring good implementation of Good Corporate Governance in any business activities of the Bank at all levels or levels of the organization
- Implement supervision on the implementation of the duties and responsibilities of the Board of Directors and provide advice to the Board of Directors.
- Direct, monitor and evaluate the implementation of Bank’s strategic policy.
- In conducting supervision, the Board of Commissioners is prohibited from taking part in the decision making of the Bank’s operational activities, except:
- Provision of funds to related parties as stipulated in the provisions concerning the maximum limit of Commercial Bank award
- Other matters speci ed in the Bank’s statutes or laws and regulations.
- Decision making of the Bank’s operational activities by the Board of Commissioners is part of the supervisory duties of the Board of Commissioners and therefore does not make the Board of Directors’ responsibility for the Bank’s management.
- Ensure that the Board of Directors has followed up on the audit ndings and recommendations of the Bank’s internal audit work unit, external auditors, the results of supervision of the Financial Services Authority and/or the results of oversight of other authorities.
- Report to the Financial Services Authority no later than 7 (seven) working days from the date of discovery:
- Violations of legislation in the eld of nance and banking
- Circumstances or predictions of circumstances that may jeopardize the viability of the Bank’s business.
- In order to support the effectiveness of the implementation of duties and responsibilities, the Board of Commissioners shall establish at least the Audit Committee, Risk Monitoring Committee, Remuneration and Nomination Committee.
- Appointment of committee members shall be made by the Board of Directors based on the decision of the Board of Commissioners’ meeting.
- Ensure that established committees perform their duties e ectively.
- Having binding guidelines and work rules for each member of the Board of Commissioners
- In the implementation report of the governance of members of the Board of Commissioners shall disclose:
- Share ownership of 5% ( ve percent) or more, either to the Bank concerned or to other banks and companies, domiciled in and outside the country.
- Financial and family relationships with other members of the Board of Commissioners, members of the Board of Directors and/or the controlling shareholders of the Bank.
- Remuneration and other facilities determined by the GMS.